Welcome to the inaugural BTOG trainee newsletter, where we aim to provide you with updates relevant to trainees working in the thoracic oncology space. In terms of content, the trainee newsletter will seek to summarise the ‘hot-off-the-press’ landmark papers, list updates for trainee-led multicentre projects, and sign-post readers to useful educational/professional content.
We are also interested in hearing what you would like from BTOG, following on from the great ideas proposed at the trainee session in Belfast at BTOG 2023, which will shape how BTOG caters for trainee needs in the future.
Please do use the BTOG trainee group-chat on Slack to continue your thoracic cancer conversations in the meantime. Feel free to contact the BTOG trainee representatives, Anand and Gerard, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Check out the RCR’s new stage III lung cancer practice case on the ARENA platform (access via RCR Learning website)
- Ongoing trainee project - Oncogenic NSCLC Radiotherapy Outcomes. This multicentre retrospective analysis aims to investigate if cancer control outcomes are the same in patients receiving radiotherapy for NSCLC with a mutation compared with those without a mutation. Contact Gerard Walls if your centre would be interested - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us news on your recent achievements as trainees to share on this noticeboard - email email@example.com.
BTOG 2024 Abstract Submission and Registration Opens Wednesday 18th October 2023
BTOG 2024 (Belfast, 17th - 19th April, 2024)
- Original, previously unpublished, research or audit carried out by your department or group.
- Encores – previously submitted/presented at another conference - must contain additional information or data to the original and the previous submission/presentation must be declared on the submission.
- Case reports can be submitted but these are generally only accepted if there is a significant learning point associated with the case or series of cases.
Dates for your diary
- ESMO Congress 2023 - 20th-24th October, Madrid, Spain
- BIR Annual Congress 2023 - 2nd-3rd November, London
- BASO Annual Scientific Conference and Trainees Meeting - 6th-7th November, London
- BTOG Webinar: ESMO Update - 8th November
- UKLCC Conference - 10th November, London
- 8th Royal Marsden Lung Cancer Symposium - 15th November, London
- BIR A radiographer's journey virtual event - 16th November, Online
- BIR/HLH lung cancer screening study day - 8th December, London
- BTOG Study Day for New Consultants: Controversies in Managing Lung Cancer - 13th December, Wellcome Collection, London
Subscribe or Unsubscribe from the BTOG Trainee eNews
Subscribe to the BTOG Trainee eNews
The BTOG Trainee eNews is currently sent out quarterly to trainees. If you don't receive it directly, please subscribe below.
Unsubscribe from the BTOG Trainee eNews
The BTOG Trainee eNews is currently sent out quarterly to trainees. Select the box below and click 'Submit' to stop receiving the email.