In brief: A BTOG Special Interest Group (SIG) is a sub-group of the BTOG steering committee with a shared interest in advancing a specific area of thoracic oncology. Members co-operate to affect change or improvement within that speciality. They may communicate, meet, and organise further training or education and resources for the purpose of advancement. They can use the BTOG logo in relation to the SIG. The aim of the SIG is to promote the highest standards of knowledge and facilitate research and representation in that specific area of thoracic oncology.
- Maximum members per SIG is 15 - SIGs are closed groups and membership is by invitation only
- Representation from the BTOG steering committee
- Health care professionals from the multi-disciplinary team
- Representation from relevant patient group/s
- Representation from the UK including the devolved nations