Due to succession planning there will be 7 available positions and applications are welcome from the following areas:
- Medical Oncology
- Clinical Oncology
- Palliative Care
Deadline Monday 16 March 2020
BTOG Steering Committee Members will:
- Sit on the committee for 3 years (at discretion of BTOG Steering Committee Chair, option to renew for a further 3 years)
- Attend 4 meetings per year – please save the dates:
- 19 June 2020 (+ AGM, London)
- 9 October 2020 (London)
- 27 January 2021 (conference update only – Dublin)
- March 2021 (date TBC)
- Support BTOG’s aims and objectives
- Take an active role in the delivery of the BTOG educational programme
- Comment and advise on regional, national and international thoracic malignancy matters including guidelines
- Represent BTOG on other thoracic malignancy boards/committees/groups
- Recognise their affiliation to BTOG in their work
The current BTOG Steering Committee (SC) Chair is Professor Sanjay Popat, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Royal Marsden Hospital. He has been SC Chair since January 2013 and has been re-elected to continue until February 2022.
- Application letter as a single PDF file addressed to Professor Sanjay Popat, BTOG Steering Committee Chair¬ – maximum 2 pages including your full name, job title and place of work and details of your role in thoracic oncology and evidence of commitment to the thoracic oncology field – this could include reference to teaching, research, patient care, local/national/international representation (on groups or committees), leadership, previous BTOG commitment, and what contribution you would make to thoracic oncology and BTOG as a member of the steering committee.
- Email your application letter and CV (maximum 2 pages) to email@example.com for the BTOG Steering Committee Chair by Monday 16 March 2020. Applications and CVs will be held in confidence for review.
- Outcome of applications will be notified by end April 2020 and the first SC meeting of those successful will be 19 June 2020 (12:00 to 14:00 AGM followed by SC 14:00 to 17:30)