Friday 6th October 2023, London
Venue: America Square Conference Centre,17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB
The 3rd BTOG Essential Screening Update is proving to be a popular event and is currently fully booked.
If you are keen to attend you can register and join the waitlist – we envisage there may be some registration cancellations.
- Anyone attending will need to be pre-registered for the day.
- Please check you have registered and keep an electronic copy of your registration confirmation for reference.
- Due to the popularity of the day and venue/health & safety restrictions on-site registrations will not be possible – please check before you travel (BTOG does not accept liability for costs or anything else related to this).
Important Travel Information
Rail companies are planning to strike (overtime ban) on Friday 6th October which may lead to some disruption to the national rail network. Unfortunately, the tube/underground is fully striking on this day and therefore tube journeys will not be possible. Of course, strike action may not go ahead if agreement is reached.
Below are a few suggestions for travel to the venue if tube is not possible – the event will still be going ahead!
- Walk: The venue is a 3-mile walk from London St Pancras station estimated to take 1 hour.
- Bus: Minories: 15,42, 78, 100. Fenchurch Street: 40
- Black Cabs/Uber: cost approximately £25-£30 from London St Pancras to the Venue (subject to traffic). Consider meeting colleagues at the train station and share taxi/Uber where possible.
- Car Parking: The nearest car park is Minories which is just outside the Congestion Charge Zone. Parking information is available at National Car Parks – Find Car Parking for Cities, Airports & Events (ncp.co.uk)
Register here. Registration is free for healthcare professionals.
09:00 Registration/10:00 Programme Start
16:30 Programme Close followed by Networking Reception
17:30 Networking Reception Close
This BTOG Essential Update will cover key-issues regarding implementation of lung cancer screening in the UK. CPD will be applied for from the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK.
For part of the programme, two parallel tracks will be offered. For clinicians, a series of debates will discuss contentious points about UK roll-out of screening, and there will be a Screening MDT with cases from participating centres.
For screening practitioners, a series of talks will outline key aspects of lung cancer screening including trials, invitation, patient experience, radiology and smoking cessation. During the afternoon, both groups will come together for a concluding session with topics of interest to all those involved in delivering lung cancer screening. This will be followed by an informal drinks reception for networking.
Approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom
for 4 category 1 (external) CPD credits.
BTOG Essential Updates
For catering and organisation purposes, BTOG asks that all attendees register in advance. BTOG provides free registration for Essential Updates for health care professionals to encourage attendance and to support Continuing Professional Development. You can cancel your registration at an Essential Update up to 28 days before without penalty. If you cancel your registration less than 28 days in advance and do not nominate another health care professional colleague to take your place or do not attend on the day, then you will be charged a fee of £75 to cover the cost of your place at the Essential Update and an invoice will be issued in this respect. This will include cancellations or non-attendance due to travel difficulties or other matters that are out of BTOG’s control.