Declaration of Conflict of Interest
BTOG Conflict of Interest Policy is available here
A conflict of interest may mean financial, investment, licensing or other commercial interest in the subject matter under discussion or under review. The reportable time period in all cases is within 2 years of the event date or review date.
- Employment or leadership (FT, PT, service as officer or board members)
- Advisory role
- Stock ownership
- Honoraria for speech, presentation or appearance
- Research funding – relating to clinical research being discussed
- Expert testimony
- Other remuneration including trips, travel, gifts, in-kind payments (excluding research related costs)
BTOG views funding from tobacco and related industries as against BTOG’s aims and objectives.
Use of Image/Biography
In relation to suspensions, restrictions on practice or being subject to an investigation of any kind since my last declaration:
- Conflict of Interest – I declare that the conflict of interest details included on this form are true and accurate.
- I confirm I have read and agree to abide by the expectations/requirements within the policy relevant to my role within BTOG (e.g. Trustee Terms of Reference, Steering Committee Role Description).
- Probity – I declare that I accept the professional obligations placed on me by my own professional standards or code of conduct (e.g. GMC Good Medical Practice, NMC Code) in relation to probity.
- Health – I declare that I accept the professional obligations placed on me by my own professional standards or code of conduct (e.g. GMC Good Medical Practice, NMC Code) in relation to my personal health.
- For advocates who may not have professional standards – I declare that I will act with integrity, impartiality and honesty and will be fair and respectful as a committee member of BTOG. In relation to my personal health I will inform BTOG if I am unable to fulfil my role within BTOG or need any reasonable adjustments to be made to assist in this respect.